NOW available in stock.
Sepher Ha-Maggid - The Book of Asmodeus by Humberto Maggi.
"Scattered amongst the pages of the Talmud and of the Zohar we find elusive mentions about the Maaseh Kishuf, the Work of Sorcery, and the Maaseh Shedim, the Work of Demons. This grimoire gathers this dispersed knowledge to reconstitute the forbidden craft called in the pages of the Zohar the Serpentine Sorcery, attributed to the wicked Balaam and taught by the King of the Shedim, the demon Ashmedai, also known as Asmodeus.
The Talmud tells how the benign shedim conversed with the rabbis who were gifted with the "language of the demons," instructing them in the knowledge of sorcery; and in the Zohar we find that Asmodeus was Solomon's teacher, and that he gave to him a book of magical knowledge. Uniting academic research with the instructions of his own maggid shed (demonic teacher), Humberto Maggi presents a powerful combination of necromantic experience and scholarly knowledge to create a small jewel in the Solomonic Tradition of Magic."
Table of Contents:
- Serpentine Sorcery
- Serpentine Sorcery Nehashim
- Demons Sheddim
- The Other Side Sitra Achra
- Teacher Maggid
- Evil Dead Dybbuk
- Asmodeus Ashmedai
- Book of Asmodeus Sifra De-ashmedai
- Evil Eye Ayin Ha-Ra
- Offering Korban
- Altar Mizbeah
- The Book of Asmodeus
- The Prophecies of Balaam
- The Astrachios Prayer
- The Invocation of Asmodeus
- Sigil of Asterion
- The Bones of Balaam
- Commentaries to The Book of Asmodeus
- Post Scriptum
This book is published in 2 versions:
Standard edition hardcover:
- Paper bound, with a full spread out, full color cover art work.
- 120 grams black end papers
- silk head and tail bands finished
- Smyth-sewn construction bookblock
- 120 grams soft-tone creme/white 'Roman'-paper
- 154 pages
Deluxe edition hardcover:
- Full leather bound
- Adorned with gold foil sigil to the front cover
- Gold foil lettering printed to the spine
- Silk head/tail bands finished
- Smyth-swen construction bookblock
- 120 grams soft-tone creme/white Biotop wood free
- 154 pages